Monday, November 26, 2007

George W. Bush - the edumacashun predisent

George W. Bush

Ugh. It doesn’t get any more ordinary than that. Substandard actually. How in the world did America elect this guy as president… twice? Ok, ok, I know that he probably stole the first one and squeaked by on the second because the Democrats put up a weak candidate. But it should never have been that close to begin with. It speaks volumes about the American electorate. Can you say “dumb”? And speaking of dumb, check out these Bush quotes http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/bush.htm and learn a new word while you’re at it: solecism. Look that up in your Funk & Wagnall’s!

George probably doesn’t know it but he single-handedly ran me out of the Republican Party. Yes dear reader, atheist that I am, I was a Republican for many, many years. This was before the religious right hijacked the party and headed it down the road toward Christian theocracy in America. I’ll discuss my political views in more depth in another article. Suffice it to say, I put up with Republican shenanigans for years (think Richard Nixon) because of my general conservative nature and my antipathy towards the Democratic Party. That was, until George W. Bush came along. After that I just couldn’t take it anymore. I couldn’t rationalize enough. I no longer wanted my name associated with either the Republican Party or the idiot that they elected (see the link above). The next time I had the opportunity I switched my party affiliation. I’m still conservative in many ways but the Republicans no longer behave conservatively. I’m still a strict constructionist with regard to the Constitution. Whew, do we even want to go there? George Bush has violated the Constitution in so many ways I’m not sure I can count that high. The man scares me. He’s the President of the United States, with his finger on the red button, and he speaks so incoherently that you know that whatever is going on in his head is disjointed and irrational. Armageddon here we come.

One more year! I hate to wish away a whole year of my ever-shortening life but I’ll be glad to see this next year be done. The next president just can’t be as bad. Be sure to check out that Bush Grammar link above.

No comments: